I’m a new Cub Scout, what do I need? Everything except the Class B uniform is available at Ramsey Outdoor, or the Scout Shop in Cedar Knolls.
Downloadable Uniform Guides:
- Kindergartners = Lion Cubs = Cub Scout Pack 54 Lion Uniform
- First Graders = Tiger Cubs = Cub Scout Pack 54 Tiger Uniform
- Second Graders = Wolf Cubs = Cub Scout Pack 54 Wolf Uniform
- Third Graders = Bear Cubs = Cub Scout Pack 54 Bear Uniform
- Fourth Graders = Webelos Scouts = Cub Scout Pack 54 Webelos Uniform
- Fifth Graders = Arrow of Light Scouts = Cub Scout Pack 54 Webelos Uniform
Class A – For new Cub Scouts in grades 1 to 3 you will need a blue Cub Scout shirt. Don’t worry about getting the official pants, or socks. Cubs can wear blue jeans or blue shorts.
Tiger Cub, Wolf, and Bear Cub Scouts the Cub Scout uniform consists of the following parts:
- Shirt—The official Blue uniform shirt is available with long or short sleeves and has button-flap pockets and “Boy Scouts of America” lettered in gold above the right pocket.
- Belt—Official navy-blue web belt with metal buckle with Tiger Cub or Cub Scout emblem. (They need the belt to hold “Belt Loops”; awards for progressing through Cub Scouts)
- Cap—Official navy-blue cap with orange front panel and tiger cub emblem for Tiger Cubs, yellow panel and wolf emblem for Wolf Cub Scouts, blue panel and bear emblem for Bear Cub Scouts.
- Neckerchief—Triangular neckerchief is orange with navy-blue trim for Tiger Cubs, gold with navy-blue trim for Wolf Cub Scouts, and light blue with navy-blue trim for Bear Cub Scouts.
- Neckerchief slide—Official gold-tone metal slide with the Tiger Cub, or Cub Scout. Boys may wear handmade neckerchief slides.
For new Cub Scouts in grades 4 you will need a Tan Cub Scout shirt (Existing Scouts can keep using their Blue Shirt). Don’t worry about getting the official pants, or socks.
- Shirt—The official Tan uniform shirt is available with long or short sleeves and has button-flap pockets and “Boy Scouts of America” lettered in gold above the right pocket.
- Belt—Official navy-blue web belt with metal buckle with Webelos Scout emblem. Note: Webelos Scouts can get the Olive Boy Scout belt, but their belt loops will not fit on it)
- Cap—Webelos Scouts wear an olive cap with a plaid panel bearing the Webelos logo.
- Neckerchief—Triangular neckerchief is plaid for Webelos Scouts.
- Neckerchief slide—Official gold-tone metal slide with Webelos logo.
When a boy first joins Cub Scouting, his uniform will display only those badges that identify his status. I’m told that the local cleaners can sew on the patches.
- World Crest, which shows him to be a member of the worldwide Scouting movement
- The national flag (This patch will already be on the shirt)
- Council Strip (Patriots Path Council)
- Pack Number (Red numerals 5 & 4 for the Blue Shirts, Green numerals 5 & 4 for the Tan Shirts)
- Den Number. (New tigers will have to decide on their Den Number)
Each level has its own Handbook, Tiger, Wolf, Bear, and Webelos.
What else do I need to do?
- In the front of each Handbook there is a small removable book for the parents to read.
- At least one parent in each family must take the “Youth Protection” online course.
- Just goto http://myscouting.scouting.org, create an account.
- From the menu on the left, click E-Learning.
- From the General tab, scroll down to Youth Protection Training and click Take Course.
- When you complete the course, print a certificate of completion to submit to the Pack